Bahria University offers various Scholarships for students with an aim to encourage excellence in studies through rewarding high academic achievers through various types of Advance Merit /Merit scholarships and also to support less privileged student(s) to attain their goals/target by offering purely Need Based Scholarships. BU believes that no one should be deprived of getting education merely on the grounds of inability to pay.
BU scholarships are offered with an objective to;
- Provide financial support to academically talented and less privileged students with an objective to empower them to acquire quality education at Higher Education level.
- Elevate the socio-economic status of the students by enabling them to get the modern education and career opportunities for their brighter future.
- To improve access to higher education, especially for those belonging from far flung areas of Pakistan
TYPES OF SCHOLARSHIPS OFFERED AND THEIR ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
ADVANCE MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS TYPES
The University generally award Advanced Merit Scholarships in the following five categories, in order to encourage and ensure that the most talented students join Bahria University,
- Advanced Merit Scholarship for Board Toppers;
- Advanced Merit Scholarship for Top Rankers in University Merit Lists.
- Advanced Merit Scholarship for Outstanding Performers in A-Levels.
- Exemption of admission fee to Bahria university graduates/alumni for MBA/MS/MPhil/PhD program at Bahria university.
- Incentive to attract High Achieving Candidates into PG Programs.
- Bahria University shall offer 100% total fee waiver/concession (including all other charges) for the first semester, to top three toppers of all Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE).
- However, its continuation during the subsequent semesters will be subject to the condition that awardee must maintain his/her minimum GPA/CGPA of 3.50
Top merit position holders in Bahria University admission merit list according to their respective discipline will be awarded scholarships/fee waiver as per following criteria:
Top three student scoring at least 70% in the merit lists for Management and Business Studies (considered together), Engineering (all Engineering programmes considered together) and Computer Sciences, shall be eligible for award of scholarship in the form of Tuition Fee waiver as follows:
- 1st Position Holder 75% Tuition Fee waiver
- 2nd Position Holder 50% Tuition Fee waiver
- 3rd Position Holder 30% Tuition Fee waiver
The top-ranking student scoring at least 70% in the merit lists for Law, Earth & Environment Sciences, Media Studies, Humanities & Social Sciences and Psychology, shall be eligible for award of scholarship in the form of 75% Tuition Fee waiver.
The top-ranking student scoring at least 70% in the merit list of MBA, MS, MPhil, or equivalent at each CU shall be eligible for award of 50% tuition fee waiver.
For continuation of the scholarship in the subsequent semesters for the above categories the students will be required to achieve a GPA/CGPA of at least 3.50.
- Bahria University shall award scholarship 75% waiver/concession in tuition fee, to all students who have achieved minimum 03 A’s in A Levels. Eligible students shall have to produce equivalence certificate issued from the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC).
- For continuation of scholarship in the subsequent semesters the students will be required to achieve a GPA/CGPA of at least 3.50
Bahria University graduate/Alumni shall be given 100% Admission fee waiver for admission in MBA/MS/MPhil & PhD Programs.
FROM NON-ENGINEERING BACKGROUND
Candidates for PG programs (MBA/MS/MPhil/PhD) with 95% marks (in case of annual examination) or CGPA 3.75 from non-engineering programs in last degree from HEC recognized National & International Universities shall be offered 50% waiver in tuition fee.
FROM ENGINEERING BACKGROUND
Candidates for PG programs (MBA/MS/MPhil/PhD) with 80 % marks (in case of Annual examination) CGPA 3.50 from engineering programs (in semester system), in last degree from HEC recognized National & International Universities shall be offered 50% waiver in tuition fee.
However, for continuation of scholarship in the subsequent semesters, the students will be required to achieve a GPA/CGPA of at least 3.50 for engineering and GPA/CGPA 3.75 for non-engineering program.
MERIT SCHOLARSHIP FOR BATCH TOPPERS
Top scorer students from each batch, achieving first three (03) position in their Semester Examination shall be awarded Merit Scholarship as per following
- 1st position Holder 70%
- 2nd Position Holder 40%
- 3rd Position Holder 30%
Top scorer students from each batch, achieving first two (02) position in their Semester Examination shall be awarded Merit Scholarship as per following;
- 1st position Holder 70%
- 2nd Position Holder 40%
- The criteria to qualify for the Merit Scholarship will be as following;
- The students of all programs are eligible for Merit Scholarship.
- The students must achieve minimum GPA ≥ 3.75 in order to qualify for the award of Merit Scholarship for non-engineering program(s) & in case of engineering programs, student has to achieve minimum GPA ≥ 3.60 as per details mentioned above (5.1 & 5.2).
- In case of a tie, the student with the higher percentage will get the Scholarship. In case of a double tie, all students will be awarded the Scholarship.
- The student(s) have to follow the academic road map with regular course load for all type of Merit Based Scholarships.
- Student availing Naval fee concession will also be eligible for Merit scholarship as per policy, however they can only avail one benefit at a time (i.e. fee reduction or merit scholarship).
- Bahria University Faculty and administrative staff qualify for Merit scholarship shall not be considered for award of scholarship if availing already any fee concession.
- Merit Scholarship shall not be provided for the Summer Semester, final semester (Graduating Batch).
- A student in receipt of more than one scholarship/waiver shall be eligible to avail one scholarship as per student(s) discretion.
- For MS/MPhil only for 02 years of program, for the purpose of award of Merit Scholarship, the GPA of course work shall only be considered in the 3rd semester.
- In case, if any of the first three/two position holders in UG & Masters program’s Merit List for Batch Toppers avail any other Need/ merit-based scholarship than next student in the following list will be awarded Merit scholarship as per eligibility criteria
- Merit scholarship shall be offered to students on the basis of GPA of their previous semester and tuition fee of their current semester.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE SCHOLARSHIP (FAS)
- Financial Assistance Scholarship shall be offered to the needy and financially weak students in order to partially or fully support them. New intake after becoming bonafide students and already enrolled students can apply subject to fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
- The scholarship once granted in this category remains available to the students for the entire degree program provided their performance shall not fall below GPA/CGPA 2.50.
- Following shall be the eligibility criteria to apply for Financial Assistance Scholarship Program:
- Financial Assistance Scholarship shall mainly focus on to support students from low income background.
- Students of all programs are eligible for Financial Assistance Scholarship subject to the condition he/she finds financial constraints to cope with educational expenses.
- For fresh intake, results of their Matric, FA/FSc, O & A levels or equivalent be considered for award of scholarship
- For the students enrolled in 2nd semester onwards shall be eligible to apply if he/she has a minimum 2.50 GPA/CGPA in the previous semester and for continuation at least 2.50 GPA/CGPA has to be maintained in the subsequent semesters. If the students fail to maintain 2.50 GPA/CGPA in the previous semester, then their scholarship shall be withheld till the time he/she improves academic grades to 2.50 GPA/CGPA.
- Students with any physical disability shall be preferred
- Students belonging to less developed areas (as identified by GoP) shall be preferred if fall under FAS eligibility criteria.
- Students mentioning income and expenditure details has to justify with supporting documents.
- The Financial Assistance shall be awarded, partly or fully against the tuition fee.
- CU’s Scholarship Award Committee(s) and Central Scholarship committee will determine the %age for award of Financial Assistance Scholarships based on need assessment through conducting interviews & reviewing their application forms along with supporting documents
Following shall be the composition of committee(s) at Head Office and campus level;
Campus Level Scholarship Committee:
|1||Any Senior Official Nominated by DG/Director of respective campus||Chairman|
|2||Deputy Director Exam/Admissions||Member*|
|5||Minimum two Senior Faculty members||Member|
*If campus management desires, Deputy Director Exam/Admissions can be appointed as Chairman Scholarship Committee
Central Scholarship Committee (Head Office Level):
|1||Pro Rector (Academics)||Chairman|
|2||Director Student Affairs||Secretary Scholarship Committee|
|4||One Senior faculty of respective Campus||Member|
QARZ E HASNA (DISCONTINUED FROM FALL 2020)
Qarz-e-Hasna Scheme has been discontinued w.e.f. Fall 2020 and is being replaced by BU Financial Assistance Scholarship. However, only Existing awardees will be entertained under this scheme till the time of their program completion.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF QARZ E HASNA
Qarz e Hasna shall be continued as long as the beneficiary students maintains at least 2.75 GPA/CGPA, failing which it shall be withheld till the time GPA/CGPA is improved back to 2.75.
The maximum repayment duration must not exceed 05 years for UG Program and 03 years for PG Programs after completion of their respective program of study. It will also be a moral responsibility of every recipient to payback the received Qarz-e-Hasna amount within stipulated time period so that maximum deserving students can be benefited with this policy.
ACADEMIC PROGRESS REVIEW OF THE SCHOLARSHIP’S BENEFICIARIES
The Central Scholarship Committee will formally review cases of all scholarship holders every semester for monitoring academic progress as per scholarship policy. The Committee will submit its recommendations to the Rector for the continuation or otherwise of the scholarship. The respective Campus Director will send complete semester result of all beneficiaries, to the Central Scholarship Committee. Those scholarship holders fail to maintain the required GPA/CGPA shall be suspended till the time their grades improve to minimum eligibility criteria as per their respective category.
GENERAL RULES FOR AWARD OF BU-SCHOLARSHIPS
Eligibility of students for scholarship shall be subject to following conditions:
- Student(s) of Bahria University in any semester are eligible, subject to the conditions as indicated with respect to their respective category.
- The student(s) has to follow the academic road map with regular course load for all type of Merit Based Scholarships.
- Student(s) already in receipt of one scholarship/fee concession from university or external resources are ineligible to apply for any other scholarship.
- Progress of Qarz-e-Hasna, Financial Assistance and all Merit Based Scholarships will be reviewed every semester.
- Any International student falling under Merit Scholarship category shall be awarded as per the policy. However, for Need Based scholarships, special approval shall be sought from Honorable Rector.