Advance Merit Scholarship For Board Toppers ( For Undergraduate programs)
To ensure that the most talented students join Bahria University, we offer various financial incentives through Bahria University scholarship policy. Under Advance Merit Scholarship Policy, Bahria University shall offer 75% tuition fee waiver/concession for the first semester, to top three toppers amongst all Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE). This scholarship will be for the entire program. However its continuation during the subsequent semesters will be subject to the condition that awardee must maintain his/her minimum GPA of 3.75
Advance Merit Scholarship (Bahria University Entrance Test based)
Top merit position holders in Bahria University admission merit list with respect to their respective discipline will be awarded scholarships/fee waiver as per following criteria:
For Management Sciences, Engineering Programs (Top three scorers among all engineering programs) and Computer Sciences, following three top position holders shall be awarded scholarship/fee waiver. The student must obtain an aggregate score of at least 70% in the Bahria University Merit list.
- 1st Position Holder 75% Tuition Fee wavier
- 2nd Position Holder 50% Tuition Fee wavier
- 3rd Position Holder 30% Tuition Fee wavier
For Law, Earth &Environment Sciences, H&SS and Psychology, one top scorer from each department shall be considered for 75% Tuition fee waiver. The student must obtain an aggregate score of at least 70% in the Bahria University Entrance Merit list.
Post Graduate Programs
The top scorer in Bahria University Merit List among all Post graduate (MBA/MS/or equivalent) programs excluding PhD for each campus shall be awarded 50% Tuition Fee waiver. The student must obtain an aggregate score of at least 70% in the Bahria University Merit list.
For continuation of the scholarship in the subsequent semesters for the above categories the students will be required to achieve a GPA of at least 3.75.
Advance Merit Scholarship (for Outstanding performers in Cambridge International Education ( CIE’s) System )
Bahria University shall award scholarship @ 75% tuition fee to the top three students achieving minimum 03 A’s in A Levels. Eligible students have to produce equivalence certificate issued from the Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC).
For continuation of scholarship in the subsequent semesters the students will be required to achieve a GPA of at least 3.75.
Exemption Of Admission Fee to Bahria University Graduates/Alumni For Higher Education at Bahria University
Bahria University graduate/Alumni will be given 100% Admission fee waiver for admission in MS/MPhil & PhD Programs.
Policy to attract high Academic Achievers in MS/MPhil/PhD program of Bahria University
Prospective students who have applied at Bahria University with 80% marks in case of annual examination or CGPA 3.50 in semester system, in last degree from HEC recognized National & International Universities or distinction holders from HEC recognized International Universities shall be offered 50% waiver in tuition fee of MS/MPhil/PhD Programs at Bahria University.
However, for continuation of scholarship in the subsequent semesters, the students will be required to achieve a GPA of at least 3.50.
Merit Scholarship (For Batch Toppers)
- All students achieving GPA of 4.0 in Semester Examination will be awarded Merit Scholarship equal to 75% of Tuition Fee of the following semester. If there is no student with GPA of 4.0, then the top scorer obtaining a GPA of at least 3.75 will be awarded the Scholarship @ 50% of the Tuition Fee. In case of a tie, the student with the higher percentage will get the Scholarship. In case of a double tie, all students will be awarded the Scholarship.
- For Engineering programs only, if there is no student with a GPA of 3.75 then the top scoring student with a minimum GPA of 3.50 will be awarded this Scholarship equal to 40% of the Tuition Fee in the following semester. In case of a tie, the student with the higher percentage will get the Scholarship. In case of double tie, all the students will be awarded the Scholarship.
Financial Assistance Scholarship (Discontinued from Fall 2016)
Fresh entrants to Bahria University may submit their request for scholarship when they deposit their fee after becoming bonafide students of Bahria University. However, already enrolled students are also eligible to apply. The scholarship once granted in this category remains available to the students for the entire degree programme provided their performance does not fall below GPA 2.75.
Following are the eligibility criteria to apply for Financial Assistance Scholarship Program:
- Students of all programs are eligible for Financial Assistance Scholarship subject to the condition he/she finds financial constraints to cope with educational expenses.
- For fresh intake, results of their Matric and FA/FSc will be considered for award of scholarship
- For the students enrolled in 2nd semester onwards shall be eligible to apply if he/she has a minimum 2.75 GPA in the previous semester and for continuation at least 2.75 GPA has to be maintained in the subsequent semesters. If the students fail to maintain 2.75 GPA in the previous semesters then their scholarship shall be withheld till the time he/she improves academic grades to 2.75 GPA.
Indigent Scholarship (Discontinued from Fall 2016)
- Ten (10) needy students from UG and PG Programs overall from all Campuses i.e. Karachi, Islamabad, IPP and Lahore, with a minimum GPA 2.5 will be considered for the award of Indigent Scholarship on the recommendation of the Campus DGs/Directors. The students from 1st semester on wards shall be eligible to apply for this category. For the continuation of scholarship in the subsequent semesters he/she has to maintain GPA 2.5. If the students fail to maintain 2.50 GPA, his/her scholarship shall be withheld till the time their grades improve to minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Two scholarships under Indigent category, funded by Bahria University graduates/Alumni shall be awarded every semester to the deserving students of Under Graduate Programs from Fall-2015 on wards.
CHANGES IN THE POLICY
- The policy document is subject to changes/amendments from time to time depending upon the future requirements and status of funds available for the grant of scholarship.
- On fresh intake the new scholarship policy will stand promulgated w.e.f Sept-2015 i.e Fall-2015 whereas for FAS, Indigent and Merit Scholarship (existing students) payment of Fall-2015 semester based on result of Spring-2015 shall be made as per previous scholarship policy. Thereafter i.e from Spring-2016 new policy shall be implemented on all Bahria University Students.