The insurance policy comes with certain exclusions and accordingly, expenses arising out of but not limited to the following are excluded.
- Any treatment not recommended by a legally licensed physician or which is not medically necessary.
- Routine physical check-ups, rest cures.
- Treatment of mental illness, psychiatric disorders, self-inflicted injury, suicide, abuse of alcohol, drug addiction or its abuse.
- Cost of limbs of any other organ (prostheses) or any kind of supporting equipment for revival or correction of the function of the body.
- Treatment of any refractive errors of the eyes including the cost of procedures such as ‘Radial Keratotomy ‘ and ‘ Excimer Laser ‘, treatment of obesity, weight reduction/enhancement.
- Cosmetic/plastic surgery, unless medically necessitated due to accidental injuries occurring while the insured was covered under the scheme.
- Treatment/tests of infertility (for investigation/ any other related to infertility), impotency, sterilization & contraception including any complication relating hereto.
- Any increase in the expenses incurred for the treatment on account of the insured being admitted to a more expensive room than allowed by his daily room rent limit.
- Sexually transmitted disease and any treatment or test in connection with Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or any AIDS related conditions or diseases.