Rules / Policy
Liquidate Damage and Fine Policy
Liquidate Damage and Fine Policy on violation of terms and conditions of the Book Bank is appended below:
- If the borrower fails to return books on time, he/she shall be liable to pay fine of Rs.10/- per day for each book.
- In case of loss of book, the borrower is required to either replace the book or have to pay double cost as per prevailing market price.
- If any book found damaged, defaced, pages torn / turned or mutilated at the time of return of the book then such books will not be accepted and the member will have to replace the same or pay actual / current cost of the book.
- In case the lost / misplaced book is obsolete and not available from the market, then dual amount of the lost book is to be deposited in the Account Office.
- If any book found with loose binding at the time of return, then the student has to pay Rs.250/- as binding charges. The amount collected will be deposited in the Account Office.
- It is compulsory for the students to return all the books and get clearance from the Library, prior to leaving the University.
The general rules/regulations to be exercised for the Book bank are appended below:
- All the students of the Bahria University are entitled to become members and can draw books from the Book Bank.
- Membership to the Book Bank will be granted upon completion of prescribed Library application form.
- Depending upon the availability of the sets of books the priority will be given to the students who are most deserving.
- Books can be loaned for a period of whole semester.
- A delay fine will be charged from students keeping the book or books beyond the prescribed period at the rate of Rs. 10/- per day per book.
- Books issued to the members are non-transferable.
- If any student availing the facility loses or damages the book he/she shall replace the Volume(s) with new book (or pay the current cost of the book plus fine, if any, as may be directed by authority).
- Correct BU e-mail address is to be provided while filling the library membership form.