A Progressive University, encompassing all facets of quality education supported by most modern educational aids, highly qualified and experienced teaching faculty offering education in market place academic disciplines.
Because Bahria has the following attributes:
- Federally chartered
- HEC recognized
- Engineering programs are accredited by PEC
- Medical programs are recognized by PM&DC
- Highly qualified regular faculty
- Custom built campuses
- State-of-the-art laboratories
- Well-stocked library
- Classroom and research based teaching
- Leadership Development Centre
- Career Office
- Internship opportunities
- Best student to faculty ratio
- Medical cover for students/staff/faculty
- Students Resource Centre
- Secure and disciplined environment
- Availability of scholarships on merit/need basis
- Two percent seats are reserved for disabled persons
- Scholarships on merit
- Non-Politicised enabling environment
The University Quality Assurance Cell at both campuses assesses and reviews the performance of University academic programs based on national and international quality parameters pertaining to teaching and research. It facilitates the departments in preparation of Self Assessment Reports of
academic programs as per guidelines given by the Higher Education Commission.
Bahria University has academic partnerships with several Universities across the globe focusing on different areas of collaboration including:
- Exchange of Faculty and students
- Exchange of research fellows
- Joint research projects
- Joint conferences and seminars
- Joint curriculum development
- Sharing / exchange of information &
- Staff development
- Invitation to events
- Students’ visits
List of partner Universities is as below
- AIMST University, Malaysia
- Al-Khawarizimi Intl. College, UAE
- (Undergraduate programs only)
- Chabahar Maritime University, Iran
(Maritime studies only)
- Dalhousie University, Canada (Maritime
- Damghan University, Iran
- Dogus University, Turkey
- Edith Cowan University, AUS (Articulation
agreement for BBA)
- Erzurum Technical University, Turkey
- Fatih University, Turkey
- Griffith University, Australia
- Hakkari University, Turkey
- Institute of Oriental Studies, Azerbaijan
(Maritime studies only)
- International University of Business,
Agriculture & Technology, Bangladesh
- King’s College – Corbett Center, UK
- Macquarie University, Australia
MIT, USA (Agreement for Open resource
- Tongji University, China (School of Political
Sciences & IR)
- Trieste University, Italy (Research project
on Environmental Sciences)
- University of Bedfordshire, UK
- University of Greenwich, UK
- University of Idaho, USA (Maritime studies
- University of Leicester, UK
- University of Northampton, UK
- University of Nottingham, UK
- University of Sirnak, Turkey
- University of Valparaiso University USA
- Xuzhou Normal University, China
- York St. John University, UK
- Yasar University, Turkey
Public Relations Office
At Bahria, Public Relations Office (PRO) is working as control room between the university and external linkages. It enable easy communication to meet the growing requirements of the institution. It gives all the information related to the current happenings, changes and improvements made in the
university. It uses media as a mean to improve relationship between organizations and the University.
Tasks and responsibilities of Public Relations Office are:
- To serve as a focal office for all media & public relations activities of the University.
- To arrange appropriate media coverage (Print & Electronic) for important academic and nonacademic activities organized by the University.
- To establish process to generate and translate (in bilateral languages) steady volume of press releases of activities of the university.
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate
spokesperson or information source.
- To prepare and write university write-up profile sand articles for different Newspapers, Educational Magazines and Newsletters.
- To prepare and supervise University Newsletter of BU and also maintain PR
website for the publicity of university.
- To work with advertising companies and supervising Media Marketing Campaign for different activities of the university.
- To Prepare and supervise the production of approved promotional videos, photographs, multimedia programmes, publicity brochures, handouts and leaflets.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with representatives of community and public interest groups.
Office of Research & Development/ORIC
In order to promote knowledge creation through research at Bahria University, Office of Research & Development (R&D) was established in February, 2010. The R&D Office soon after its establishment channelized all the research activities of Bahria University (BU). Research databank of BU was developed by the office of R&D which now consists of 1,277 research publications including 710 journal publications and 426 conference papers. The office of R&D is regularly conducting biannual meetings of Higher Education Research Committee (HERC), an apex academic body of BU responsible for giving out policy directions for the promotion of Research & Development at BU.
The Office of Research Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC) was notified at BU by Higher Education Commission of Pakistan in October, 2011. Bahria University is one of the few elite research universities of Pakistan which has a functioning ORIC. The ORIC of BU is providing strategic and operational support to the BU’s research innovation and commercialization activities/programs, and has a central role in facilitating the University industry linkages for commercialization of research.
In order to inculcate the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship among its researchers, students and faculty, the university has setup Business Incubation Centre (BIC) at its Islamabad and Karachi Campuses.
Additionally, the university is Privileged to host Microsoft Innovation Centre at its Karachi Campus for the benefit of budding entrepreneurs particularly in the field of ICT.