BSN is four years full-time Degree program leading to practice as Advance Registered Nurse which enhances the nursing knowledge, skills and professional attitude.
Program Learning Objectives:-
- Competence: To educate nurses with appropriate knowledge, skills and attitude with clinical competence.
- Rehabilitation: To produce the nurses who can provide the rehabilitation health care services to patients.
- Clinical Practice: To integrate evidence based sense into clinical practice to provide holistic care to the communities.
- Technology: To enable nurses to deal with advance technology used in health care setting.
- Communication: To deal effective interpersonal communication skills while dealing with patient and their families.
- Health Management: To maintain safe and healthy environment for prevention of disease and health care management.
- Disease Identification: To participate in screening and identification of disease which cause illness and injuries.
Academic Eligibility for Admission:-
The Candidate who will fulfill the following criteria is eligible to apply:
- Matric Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology as compulsory subjects)
- FSc (Pre-Medical) with 50% marks minimum (Physics, Chemistry & Biology as compulsory subjects)
- Age Limit: 17-30 years
- Should be Pakistani from any region of Pakistan
- Pass the entry test (Merit based selection)
- Qualify in interview
- Medically fit
Curriculum for the Degree in BS Nursing:
Curriculum for the BSN is approved and recognized by PNC and Higher Education Commission of Pakistan as follows:
|Year – 1, Semester – I|
|1.||Fundamental of Nursing-I||4|
|3.||Anatomy and Physiology-1||3|
|4.||Biochemistry for Nurses||3|
|6.||English – I||2|
|Year – 1, Semester – II|
|1.||Fundamental of Nursing – II||4|
|2.||Anatomy and Physiology – II||3|
|3.||Community Health Nursing – I||3|
|7.||English – II||2|
|Year – 2, Semester – III|
|1.||Adult Health Nursing – I||8|
|2.||Pathophysiology – I||2|
|3.||Health Assessment – I||2|
|4.||Pharmacology – I||2|
|6.||English – III||2|
|Year – 2, Semester – IV|
|1.||Adult Health Nursing – II||8|
|2.||Pathophysiology – II||3|
|3.||Health Assessment – II||2|
|5.||Pharmacology – II||2|
|6.||English – IV||2|
|Year – 3, Semester – V|
|1.||Pediatrics Health Nursing||7|
|2.||Community Health nursing – II||6|
|4.||Teaching/Learning Principles and Practices||3|
|5.||English – V||2|
|Year – 3, Semester – VI|
|2.||Mental Health Nursing||6|
|3.||Introduction to Biostatics||3|
|6.||English – VI||2|
|7.||Culture , Health and Society||2|
|Year – 4, Semester – VII|
|1.||Critical Care Nursing||7|
|2.||Introduction to Nursing Theories||2|
|3.||Leadership and Management in Nursing||3|
|5.||English – VII||2|
|Year – 4, Semester – VIII|
|1.||Community Health Nursing – III||5|
|2.||Nursing Seminar / Role Transition||2|
|4.||English – VIII||2|
Degree Awarding Authority:
All students who pass the 8 semesters according to the requirements of the Bahria University of Health Sciences Campus, Karachi (BUHSC (K)), Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC) and Higher Education Commission (HEC) including one year internship period will receive a degree of BS Nursing of BUHSC (K).