Student Support Centre, Bahria University Karachi Campus organized a workshop on employability skills, digital marketing and entrepreneurship as a preliminary requirement of a job fair to provide graduate students a platform to learn and polish their soft skills. The workshop was held at Al-Beruni Auditorium, in BUKC on Tuesday 16 April 2019 from 10 am to 3:00 pm. It was organized to provide the students with an opportunity which would assist them in the future regarding employability skills and with the idea of entrepreneurship. It was conducted free of cost for Bahria University’s students. The Chief Guest of this workshop was Ms. Shazia Miraza (expertise in Entrepreneurship and Innovation). The guest speakers of this workshop included Mr. Ahmed Siddique, Mr. Faisal Maqsood, Mr. Quaim Din, and Mr. Saghir Muhammad.
(2) 360 Digital eyes is an emerging entrepreneur company working under the leadership of Dr. M. Shahid Qureshi, Associate Professor and Program Director CED at IBA and Dr. Imran Khan, Assistant Professor CED at IBA.
(3) The workshop started with the guest speaker (Mr. Ahmed Siddique) lecture on Personality Development. He started off his session with the inspiring story of his life. He shared the matters of his own life to set an example for some students who are going through a tough time.
(4) The second guest speaker of the workshop was Mr. Faisal Maqsood from Lucky Cement. He guided the students with the do’s and don’ts of the interview.
(5) The third guest speaker of the workshop was Mr. Quaim Din, who is a professional in the 80/20 Principle. He gave the rule of success that a person should be of such personality with whose presence the people should be content neither they should avoid him.
(6) The last speaker of the workshop was Mr. Saghir Muhammad (expertise in CV Writing and Job Employability Skills). He guided the students with the talent of CV writing and the skills which are essential in employability.
(7) The main objective of this workshop was to give guidance to University students regarding communication and presentation skills.
(8) The event concluded with the distribution of souvenirs among the team members of 360 Digital eyes and a group photo of the team members with the participants of the workshop. Moreover, Team 360 Digital eyes presented the shield to Director BUKC, Commodore, Muzzamil Hussain, Director General Rear Admiral Mukhtar Ahmed Khan HI (M) and Assistant Director, Student Support Centre, Ms. Sabiha Abid.
(9) All the participants of the workshop were awarded certificates.