The Well-Being Center (WBC) purpose is to help all students, faculty, staff of BUIC, as well as the community to succeed and improve by providing support for the psychological, emotional, social, developmental and behavioral issues. WBC provide services to faculty, staff and students. WBC focuses on providing best therapeutic help to students seeking mental health services, i.e.:
- Emotional Problems
- Behavioral Problems
- Relationship issues
- Confidence issues
- Self-esteem issues
- Public Speaking issues
- Academic Problems
- Lack of motivation
- Adjustment issues
- Lack of focus
- Career confusion
- Socialization issues
- Time Management
- Depression / Anxiety
- Trauma & a lot more
At WBC we provide consultation, outreach and preventive education programs for staff and faculty to improve their interaction with students and functioning in their professional as well as personal lives.
WBC works independently, as we make sure the application of ethical consideration.e.g., confidentiality, privacy, individuality, respect, and commitment to our clients. WBC works in collaboration international accredited bodies. WBC professional staff is trained with foreign qualification and deal in their respective areas effectively.
We conduct individual, couple, and group sessions for best therapeutic practices. To encourage students, staff, and faculty WBC also conducts seminars, workshops and trainings to increase the awareness and exposure of community regarding mental health services.
At WBC, we also provide Group Counseling. Group counseling is very effective for specific issues and increase its effectiveness. Its benefits are:
- Chances to learn from other people experiences
- Learn the ways other people are using in their lives to successfully cope the issues
- In less time, the problems of a large majority can be resolved
- Variety of ideas can be sought through group counseling.
The structure of Group Sessions:
- Only 5-6 members group will be working at the same time.
- The group will make sure the confidentiality of the information
- The topic of interest will be similar and detailed discussion will focus on just one topic