The PhD program will provide comprehensive understanding of quality research skills and critical ability to investigate mass communication phenomena independently
Duration: As per approved policy of Bahria University
- Minimum Three years
- Maximum Six years
- Exception in Hardship as per university’s rules
Minimum Entry Level:
- • 18 year of education (MS/MPhil/equivalent degree) in relevant discipline from an HEC recognized university with a minimum CGPA of 3.00/4.00 (semester system) or 60% marks (Only where CGPA is not given/available).
- NTS-GAT (Subject Test), or GRE (subject test), passed with minimum 60% marks or BU Admission Test (70 marks passing marks).
- HEC equivalency certificate for the candidates will be required.
- HEC’s attestation on the candidate’s local degrees (on the back of the original degree).
- A statement of purpose (Maximum 2,000 words) to be evaluated by the Admission Committee.
List of Compulsory Coursers
• Research Methods in Media Studies
• Media Debate: Issues in Communication
• Methods of Media Content Analysis
• Advances in Communication Research
• Theories of Influencing Media Content
Total credit hours of PhD Program Media Studies= 54