PERN–Higher education commission of Pakistan (HEC) has facilitated Bahria University (both campuses) with access to PERN (Pakistan Education and Research Network), which connects premiere educational and research institutions of the country. PERN focuses on collaborative research, knowledge sharing, resource sharing, and distance learning by connecting people through the use of Intranet and Internet resources andcurrently provides the following services to universities:
· Access to International Internet Bandwidth.
· Access to over 11,000 Scientific Journals through Digital Library.
· Four or more public IP addresses for use by the university.
· Broadband link to other universities.
· Infrastructure for point-to-point videoconferencing.
· Sharing of large-size data amongst universities.