Criteria for Award of Medals
Criteria for the award of gold and silver medals at convocations of Bahria University is appended below:
Highest CGPA within same batch subject to following:
- Should be a regular student of the same batch.
- No Withdrawal / Freeze case.
- No Repetition / Retake case.
- No Failure case.
- No 'I' case i.e incomplete case.
- No Summer Semesters case.
- No Course Drop case.
- No Disciplinary case.
- No credit transfer case.
- CGPA for the student fulfilling the above criteria should be greater than or equal to 3.5
In case of the same CGPA, the percentages achieved by students would determine the 1st (Gold) and 2nd (silver) medals. If the percentages are also the same, then the total number of the students would be awarded medals as follows:
- All students having same CGPA and same percentages will be awarded Gold Medals. (In such case there will be no Silver Medal awardees).
- A student with 2nd highest CGPA, shall be entitled to a Silver Medal.
- In case there is more than one student with the same CGPA and the same percentages in this category, then all students will be awarded the Silver Medals.
- Gold and Silver Medal holders can apply for Academic Honors
- In each semester the selected students will be awarded Rector’s Honour.
- EMBA students are not entitled for allocation of any award.
Awards of Academic Honour
Students achieving high academic standards will be awarded Honours upon completion of their degree requirements. Honour designations, based on CGPA, will be indicated on transcripts as append below:
|Summa Cum Laude||3.95-4.00|
|Magna Cum Laude||3.80-3.94|
The deserving students will be awarded Certificates of Academic Honour.
Criteria for Awards of Academic Honours
- The student has been regular in the entire degree programme.
- The student should have taken full load in all semesters required for the degree programme as per road map/course outline.
The student will become ineligible for the Academic Honours under following conditions :
- Any course withdrawn or dropped
- Any semester frozen
- Repetition or retake of any course
- An ‘F’ or an ‘I’ endorsement in any subject/course
- Credit transfer in any programme of Bahria University
- Migration within University would not be considered as ineligibility.
Rector’s Horour List
After completion of every semester, Rector’s Honour list will be prepared by the Examination Department and hosted on Bahria University’s official website. Hardcopy will be forwarded to Director Campuses for further necessary action as deemed appropriate.
All students securing a CGPA of greater than or equal to 3.5 will be put on Rector’s Honour List. The list will be displayed after 10 working days of the semester result promulgation