Board of Governors
The Board of Governors of Bahria University is the supreme governing body for all major policy matters concerning the University and its constituent colleges /institutes including BUMDC. Chief of the Naval Staff is the Chairman Board of Governors as well as the Pro-Chancellor of the University.
- Chief of the Naval Staff – Chairman Board of Governors.
- Rector Bahria University.
- Deputy Chief of Naval Staff (Training & Personnel).
- Principal Staff Officers or Administrative Authorities of Pakistan Navy, as approved by the Chairman.
- Director General Medical Services (Navy).
- Chairman, Higher Education Commission or his nominee.
- Secretary Ministry of Education, Govt. of Pakistan or his nominee.
- Secretary, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of Pakistan or his nominee.
- Secretary, Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of Pakistan or his nominee.
- Vice Chancellor, or Rector, of a recognized Pakistani University nominated by the Chancellor
- Assistant Chief of Naval Staff (Educational Services).
- The Heads of Constituent Units of Bahria University.
- Two nominees from the industrial or Financial Sector nominated by the Board of Governors.
- Two renowned educationists as approved by the Chairman.
- Deans of Faculties of Bahria University.
- Registrar Bahria University/ Sec BOG.
- Registrar PMDC.
- Principal BUMDC
BUMDC is represented at the Academic Council of Bahria University by the Principal of the College and professors nominated by the College. All matters of academic policy are referred to the Academic Council by the Principal of the Medical College.
BUMDC Faculty Board of Studies
Board meetings are chaired by the Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences, Principals of constituent and affiliated medical colleges of Bahria University (by designation), professors nominated by Bahria University, Director Examinations, Director Academic Affairs and Director Health Sciences are its members. All matters related to academic activities are put-up in meetings. Board meetings are held six monthly and the Board can meet earlier when need arises.
The Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree at BUM&DC is a five-years program, accredited by the Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (the statutory, regulatory and registration authority for medical and dental education and practitioners in Pakistan).